XCC: Short Track
SHORT TRACK (official UCI abbreviation is XCC) is a short, dynamic race for about 25 minutes.This discipline was also introduced with a great success in the famous overseas-bike festival, the Sea Otter Classic. The race is held on a shorter and simpler circuit (approx. 1 - 1,5km) with fewer amount of terrain obstacles, which naturally pushes the riders to ride in a group. Point scoring bonuses or prize money during each passage of the finish area provide a hard fight on the finish line of each circuit and also a great show for spectators.
- From 2018 season the Short Track (XCC) will be an official part of the UCI MTB World Cup series
- Laps: TBA (approx 10+1 for Men and 7+1 for Women)
- On the program: Friday, May 25 (18:00 Women Elite and 18:45 Men Elite)
- Approx. race duration: Men as well as Women – 25 minutes
- Race Track: 1,2 km (see the plan below)
- WC points for the winner: 125